TESTIMONIALS FROM PASTORS AND CHURCHES
BETHANY BAPTIST CHURCH, RED DEER ALBERTA, Tina Smith, / LETTER OF THE MONTH
- After my first exposure to Comedy In Motion at Breakforth Canada in Edmonton, I thought that Bob Cates would be perfect for our 2015 Outreach Christmas Banquet sponsored by Bethany Baptist Church, Red Deer, Alberta. This was my second year as the Event Planner for the banquet and Bob made my job much easier as he was very organized and professional in helping us in our planning.
Bob Cates provides a performance contract that was very clear and easy to follow. He also made available a Publicity and Promotion Checklist for Churches presenting Comedy In Motion. This helped us to stay on task. However, Bob was very flexible and showed patience in working with us within our limited means, which was very much appreciated.
During Bob’s load-in, set-up and rehearsal he worked professionally and well with our sound and light vendors. Some were hired professionals and some were volunteers.
Our church was excited to invite their family, friends and neighbours to such a professional entertaining performance. Bob ended his time with a gospel presentation which many commented afterwards “as the clearest gospel presentation we have ever had” at our Outreach Christmas Banquet.
In closing, we would definitely book Comedy In Motion for another event. I believe that Bob Cates would be an outstanding addition to any Christian ministry event!
OWEN SOUND ALLIANCE CHURCH, Pastor Tim Bergmann, Pastor of Creative Communication
- Bob is an exceptional entertainer. His skill level in juggling is almost unsurpassed. He has a great sense of humour, knows how to relate to a crowd, and keeps people of all ages spell-bound at his amazing abilities.
Bob also has a heart for God and can clearly and creatively communicate the truth of who Jesus is and what He has done for us. His lessons are well grounded in scripture and artistically portrayed.
I was also extremely impressed with how Bob carried himself when he wasn’t performing. He had time for people to talk or listen or to teach a trick or two. Everyone was impressed by him and I know that we are going to have him back.
If you are a church looking at some type of community outreach event, Bob is the man for the job. His rates are reasonable…and, compared with what you are getting, they are practically irrelevant.
Book Bob Cates as soon as you can. You will be glad you did.
GRACE POINT CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE, Pastor Edgar Fink, Worship Arts Pastor
- We hosted a program with Bob Cates and our crowd loved the show. Bob is not only funny, but he also has great stage presence and an uncanny sense of communication. Bob Cates is a terrific show, all wrapped in one thing: wholesome family entertainment. The clever use of audience participation makes him a winner overall.
AJAX ALLIANCE CHURCH, Pastor Mark Kotchapaw
- Thanks for your excellent ministry on Sunday. As usual I had all kinds of positive feedback on the quality of your ministry. I think one of the greatest compliments came when one of my elders said that he noticed you genuinely engaged in worship prior to your ministry. That authenticated your ministry for him. Your skill no doubt impresses the crowds but it’s your heart that makes me want to invite you back again.
BRIGDEN COMMUNITY CHURCH, Pastor Dave Cartwright
- It was an amazing show. I personally loved the way bob shared the gospel. He wasn't afraid to mention sin and the clarity he brought to the gospel with the 2 little girls story was really great. Thanks for a great night. It was great to see a number of people from our community who don't know the Lord. It's our prayer that this was just one more event that sows the seeds of the gospel into their lives.
I just wanted to pass on a big thank you from our congregation to you. It was an amazing show. Thanks for a great night. It was a really good night from one of the ladies from our congregation who lost her husband a year ago. She near wet herself, she was having so much fun! It was great to see a number of people from our community.
BARRIE FREE METHODIST CHURCH, Rev. Cliff Fletcher
- This is a letter of reference and deep appreciation for the ministry of Bob Cates. We had quite an age range of people at the event we hosted, from the very young to the very old. Mr. Cates amazed all of us by keeping everyone totally enthralled with his performance. Everyone laughed equally loud and gasped equally as much at each new stunt. Furthermore, he married his show and his faith quite well. He presented Christianity in a very clear fashion. Weeks later I still hear very positive things about that evening, like how much neighbours, friends, relatives, and those who don't usually attend church enjoyed the performance and are looking forward to our next event.
ORCHARD PARK BIBLE CHURCH, Pastor Kevin Weeks
- We recently invited Bob Cates of Comedy in Motion to our church for the first lime. As the opening to our ministry kick-off weekend, our intention was to coordinate a fun, non-threatening, family-friendly event to which the people ol our church could invite their friends and neighbors. Bob's show would play a significant role in accomplishing that purpose, and I'm happy to report lhal his performance went above and beyond our expectations! Comedy in Motion helped to capture the essence of what we were trying to accomplish
From the initial booking ol the show to the very end ol the performance, Bob and his team showed a high level ol professionalism Of course, this was most evident during the show itself. From beginning to end, the program was very well choreographed, integrating a continuous thread at family friendly humour and a much-needed message. The combination ol Bob's superior entertainment skills combined with his evident ability to communicate to large groups make his show one that sticks out from the rest.
As a church, we were also interested in the message behind the show. For us, this was a prime opportunity to build a bridge to our community that would allow us to share the good news of Jesus Christ. As Bob progressed through his show, it become very clear that his life has been transformed by this good news, and there was a clear invitation for others lo learn more who haven't yet experienced that transformation.
It is my pleasure to endorse Bob Cotes and Comedy in Motion, and to highly recommend the show lo those looking for a family friendly entertainment option.
BETHEL CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH, Pastor Ray Vander Kooij
- It is truly a privilege to express our recommendation for Bob Cates, an entertainer whose presence and performance recommends itself and so makes a recommendation flow easily. Bob is very professional and personal. He performed with excellence, wowing young and old alike with his juggling, unicycling, plate spinning and more. As a comedian, he wove healthy humour through the entire performance, bringing out joy and laughter throughout the audience. His interactive manner and his including members of the audience in parts of his performance also drew the audience as a whole to feeling part of the whole event, not just sitting back and watching.
Being in a church ministry setting, Bob also wove in a Christian message in a very natural way, as we had expected him to do. We understand that Bob is very adept at adapting his performance for the setting in which he presents, but always with high and healthy values in both multigenerational groups as we had, but also with primarily children or adult audiences. After the performance Bob also interacted very personally with the audience, again demonstrating his ability to relate well to young and old alike. We would not hesitate to have Bob perform for a church event again and highly recommend him as an excellent entertainer.
BETHANY EVANGELICAL MISSIONARY CHURCH, Tim Loveday, Youth Pastor
- I am writing this letter to recommend Comedy in Motion with Bob Cates. Our church brought Bob in to do a show for approximately 350 people as a kick off to our fall programs. We were looking for an exciting, high energy, clean show that would appeal to all ages and Bob certainly provided that. We also requested that Bob share a brief gospel message during the show and he did a great job. The message was interwoven seamlessly into his show in a natural and tactful way.
The show itself was filled with plenty of high energy skills, hilarious comedy and edge of your seat entertainment. We were so excited to have such a quality entertainer for our event and it kicked off our year in style!
This is the third time I have hired Bob to do a show and each time the quality and excitement of the show has been superb. I would highly recommend the "Comedy in Motion" show to anyone who is looking for an entertainer who combines amazing skills, clean humour and pure talent that is fun for all ages.
METROPOLITAN BIBLE CHURCH, Pastor Ron Rudd
- We just had our third show with Bob Cates. He did a fantastic job in reaching out to our audience. We had two shows this time and our audience was the family. Bob is not only gifted as one of Canada’s top jugglers and entertainers but he communicates so well to all ages. We had kids as young as four and five and we had seniors well into there sixties and they all walked out after the show loving what they saw and heard.
In my own family I have six kids ranging in ages from eight to twenty-one and we all love Bob.
As a church inviting an entertainer in can be a very challenging proposition. But, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with Bob and his ministry. He is able to share the truth of the gospel through his show in a very non-threatening way. My neighbours who do not yet know Christ came to this event with us and they really enjoyed the show. I highly recommend Bob to you without reservations.
Because Kids matter to God, Pastor Ron
WOODSIDE BIBLE FELLOWSHIP, Paul Fletcher, Senior Pastor
- It was all we hoped it would be. Bob’s stage presence is superb, both witty and winning. He wowed the old and young alike. His juggling acts are truly professional, yet he makes a clear presentation of the Gospel. I would strongly recommend “Comedy in Motion” to churches and camps alike.
We were absolutely thrilled with the way the crowd responded to your performance. Nothing we have done before to get a hearing from unchurched people has been as effective. I strongly endorse your ministry.
FLAMBOROUGH BAPTIST CHURCH, Myrtle Wong
- Thank you for the wonderful evening! Everyone attended had a great time ( christians and non-christian guest). I waited to get the response from the Sunday School group before emailing you and here's a few comments
"the best show I have ever seen" ( 7 yr old boy)
"never seen a better show" (11 yr old girl)
"what a hit, great evening!..high budget quality" ( 12 yr old boy)
"fun, fun..amazing, my friends think church is a real fun place to be" ( 9 yr old girl)
" I laughed but I also cried. what a great evening,will spend the rest of the week trying to figure out Bob's magic trick with the ropes and jacket" ( deacon member)
We had a good number of non-church families come out for the show and let me tell you how it thrills my heart that they had such a wonderful relevant introduction to the gospel. We will be praying for both of you and your unique ministry and wishing you the best for the season ahead.
BRADFORD BAPTIST CHURCH, Rev. Tim Walker
- On Sunday we had the great pleasure of having Bob Cates from Comedy in Motion at our Round-Up Sunday service. This is the service each year when we "round-up" our church family for the beginning of a new season of ministry.
Bob was a wonderful addition to our celebration. His professionalism and humour, along with his talent as a juggler, were received with great joy. We were very impressed with the unique way Bob presented the Gospel message, working it into his juggling act, while simply, but effectively communicating the good news of Jesus Christ.
I highly recommend Bob for anyone looking for a fun, creative and enjoyable experience. We definitely plan to invite Bob back in the future.
VICTORIA AVENUE BAPTIST CHURCH, Rev. Richard P. Robb
- We were looking for a way to include children in our celebration of the 125th Anniversary of our Church. We value our children and want to give them enjoyable ministry experiences within the context of church life, so we felt we should have something just for them. I had seen Bob Cates perform at the Annual Assemble of the Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec and I knew he would be just right for the occasion.
We invited people to come to a “wonderful evening of fun and family entertainment” with Comedy in Motion. We told them they would be sitting on the edge of their seats laughing and listening to the gospel message presented using the professional entertaining abilities of Bob Cates. We were not disappointed in the least nor were the children of all ages who filled the auditorium that evening. I would recommend him highly.
CENTRAL BAPTIST CHURCH, LONDON, Senior Pastor David Barker
- Bob came to our church for a Sunday School “Round Up Sunday.” He did an outstanding job. The “performance/ministry” was very skillfully done, he carefully crafted the gospel message into the whole performance, and his winsome personality quickly won us all over to him. He worked well with children, adults, and teens.
I can recommend Bob without reservation. He has a deep commitment to God, a heart for people, and a high level of competence in what he does.
TEMPLE BAPTIST CAMBRIDGE, Shirley Lee
- Recently we had Bob Cates, "Comedy In Motion", come to Temple Baptist Church to put on a performance. Bob put on a wonderful show with his great juggling ability, his amazing balancing acts and his light humour. He involved the audience by asking several children to participate. We were impressed with the way he captivated the audience with his humour, his skill and his interaction with them. It was great to listen to the crowd's response.
After the fun part of the show, Bob shared the gospel message in a honest and yet sensitive way. One man in the audience received Christ that night as a result of Bob's message.
We used this as an opportunity to raise funds for our Christian Academy. It was a great success and we would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a clean professional act to entertain any age group.
WAINFLEET BRETHREN IN CHRIST CHURCH, Senior Pastor Charles E. Mashinter
- Just a short word to share with you how much we have enjoyed having Bob Cates share his unique talents with our congregation. We have had Bob to our church several times now – his program is always different, always entertaining, always funny, and always one of the easiest events to get people to attend because they just have such a great time. Bob’s program appeals easily to all ages and he does everything in a professional but laid back manner. We are planning to have Bob join us again and I feel that his gifts could be greatly used in many settings to both entertain and attract people. We are grateful to Bob for making us laugh while helping to advance the ministry of our church.
PORT COLBORNE BRETHREN IN CHRIST CHURCH, Senior Pastor Brian Lofthouse
- Thank you very much for your excellent ministry and show at our recent Club program finale. We all were excited and blessed. This event became and was a great outreach into our community. Thanks for you zeal and spunk in serving Christ in this way.
THE SALVATION ARMY, SARNIA CORPS, Corps Officer Darrell Jackson
- It is not easy to keep over 70 children (many of whom are un-churched) for an hour. Mr. Cates had no problem keeping their attention and effectively presented the Gospel through the vehicle of his skills. Comedy in Motion is not just for children; the adults present were just as entertained and attentive. As a pastor, I wish I had that kind of rapt attention to my every word and action.
I highly recommend Mr. Cates and his Comedy in Motion. He is very skilled and professional as he presents an entertaining, humourous and yet meaningful program suitable for all age groups.
ELIM BIBLE CHAPEL
- Just a short note of appreciation to you for the excellent Gospel presentation you put on for the Chapel family at the girls Club evening. The response from the children was terrific and the church adults that were here are still commenting to me about the presentation. We had many parents here that never attend church because it was their children’s last club meeting for the year and their comments were also excellent.
I myself thought you exercised your gift very well and held the attention of the audience throughout the entire presentation. The Gospel was made very plain and certainly in a very professional manner was the need for the Saviour brought before us. I would highly recommend your ministry to any church or community organization that wants the gospel message brought forward in a way that captivates the people attending. Keep up the good work as you continue to serve the Lord where He leads you.
Thanks again for coming and doing such an excellent job of presenting the gospel in such a creative way. Every comment made was full of praise for your skill, comedy and message.
SAUBLE CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP, Pastor Tim Harden
First of all let me say a huge THANK YOU for your fabulous show last Saturday night. It was a major contribution to a wonderful anniversary weekend. We had many visitors for our Saturday night “Variety Night” and we are so pleased to report, quite a few of them returned on Sunday for church because they were impressed with the show Saturday night. People are still raving about the wonderful time they had. I have since passed your name along to several of my pastor friends and I understand from one of them that he has you booked for a special night at his church in Owen Sound. Thanks again for working at your craft so hard and doing it with real excellence.
STONEY CREEK ALLIANCE CHURCH - Mike Stinson, Hamilton Spectator
- Will (The Artist Formerly Known as) Indiana Bob Come Through?
By MIKE STINSON
Copy editor, The Spectator, September 28, 1999 (edited for length)
He's world-renowned, but I admit the name Indiana Bob doesn't ring a bell. I've been told his artistic credentials are impeccable and he is worth catching, if you'll pardon the pun.
I'm referring to McMaster University Commerce grad and juggler extraordinaire Bob Cates and his traveling Comedy in Motion show.
It happens that the adventurous Bob Cates was recently in our neck of the woods at Stoney Creek Alliance Church, where he delighted both young and old during a fun-filled pancake breakfast recently.
Of course, try telling that to my oldest, Miss Fuss Pot, when it comes to fiddling with her hair. As a result, we got there too late to sample the maple-syrup-thick flapjacks. Oh well, there was Indiana Bob to sooth one's ruffled feathers and to look forward to.
Here's a talent who has traveled the world with his interactive comedy that was choreographed to music while he did juggling, unicycling, magic and plate spinning.
How good is he? As a Christian with a Gospel message, Indiana Bob often performs at churches worldwide. Would he be the showman he was touted to be or just another amateur entertainer?
All I can say is Amen. Did he ever deliver - both the message and then some. His delivery was flawless whether on a unicycle, juggling balls, interacting with children, or a number of other acts.
If Roger Ebert had been there to observe, Bob Cates would've received a big thumbs up. A tip of the bowler to Pastor Dan Driedge and his wife, Connie, for providing the messenger and the message.
The Spectator, September 28, 1999
GATEWAY ALLIANCE CHURCH CALEDONIA, Pastor Steven Kerr
- It is my pleasure to write this letter of recommendation for Bob Cates and his business Comedy in Motion. I have known about Bob since he was in University in the early 90’s but the first time we met was this past fall when we contracted him to perform for the Grand Opening of our new building at Gateway church.
In the afternoon of Saturday, September 16th, 2007, Bob showed up early, met our leaders and with the help of his team set up for his performances. Later in the day he entertained approximately 500 people during two shows. His juggling ability was amazing. His jokes were very funny. The plate-spinning routine at the end of his shows was one of the most entertaining feats I have seen.
The affordable shows were filled with clean humor that was enjoyable for children and adults alike. Indeed, we have heard from all ages just how enjoyable the shows were and how we should have him come back soon. We are confident that, if we were to do so, we could fill the building for three shows.
After debating among ourselves what kind of opening event would best showcase our state-of-the-art auditorium and fill our seats, we continue to be thrilled with the choice we made to introduce Bob Cates to our community. We hope he will join us again soon.
GLENGATE ALLIANCE CHURCH, Pastor Jake Birch
- We have NEVER had an entertainer and an event as large (800 people), fun, smooth and successful as our Bob Cates Comedy in Motion concert on Friday October 5th 2007. As a result of his professionalism and the overwhelmingly positive response of the audience and organizers I am privileged to recommend Bob for your 2007 Entertainer of the Year award.
Bob was organized, easy going and a clear communicator of his needs in all the pre-event preparations. He was engaging and kept an all-ages audience of over 800 on the edge of their seats for nearly 2 hours with his blend of comedy and juggling.
A new element in his show (which l have seen 3 or 4 times now) was the Dance-Dance Revolution segment During this segment of the show Bob performed a series Dance-Dance Revolution numbers with his new wife Jane while juggling and telling jokes. The children and young people in particular appreciated this segment. They were amazed at his multitasking!
Another new element in his show was his plate spinning finale. For young and old alike this was an incredible finish to an already action packed show. Watching him keep 20 plates spinning for several minutes as he told jokes and explained the fascinating history of this form of juggling was a real treat for everyone
As always his audience participation and black light segments were VERY well done and reflect the professionalism and dedication that Bob has come to exemplify in his live shows.
Without reservation or hesitation I recommend Bob Cates Comedy in Motion.
WEST LONDON ALLIANCE CHURCH, Pastor Mike Wilkins
- Bob Cates is a great show man, combining a crazy range of juggling skills with an engaging sense of humor. And although it doesn’t always seem to matter in show biz, he is also a very nice guy.
VALLEY VIEW ALLIANCE CHURCH, Rev. Brian Delamont, Associate Pastor
- Thanks very much for a great evening of quality ministry at Valley View. Your performance was exciting, funny, and appealing to the diverse audience present. Over and above all of these aspects, you were able to clearly communicate your own faith in Jesus Christ and the importance of this not just for yourself but for others. I was impressed with your professional attitude combined with flexibility and adaptability to our venue. It's great to see how God uses each member of the body of Christ, His Church, to reach out in ways in which they are uniquely gifted to do so. The hard work and desire for excellence, which you both exhibited, is a good reflection of your commitment to Christ. Thank you for your ministry to us.
CREEKSIDE CHURCH, Waterloo, Ontario
- From beginning to end you had us smiling, laughing and shaking our heads in amazement. Thank you for sharing your talent with us, to the glory of God.
WEST HEIGHTS COMMUNITY CHURCH, Pastor Todd Lester
- We recently had Bob Cares, Comedy in Motion, perform at our community event. We were thrilled with the quality of the performance that he provided to our audience. People found Bob to be a world class juggler, multi-talented in surprising ways (Dance Dance Revolution) and hilariously funny. Based on the feedback we received, no one was disappointed.
Everyone left with a smile on their face and Bob delivered on all that he promised. I can highly recommend him as a top quality juggler/ performer/ entertainer.
SOVEREIGN GRACE COMMUNITY CHURCH, Pastor Kirk Wellum
- We had Bob Cates come to the opening night of our Vacation Bible School and wow did he ever do a fantastic job! The children, teens and adults were amazed by Bob's incredible juggling skills and his great sense of humor. I was especially impressed with the honest and yet sensitive way that he wove the gospel into his presentation. He shared the truth in a way that everyone could understand without taking away from the seriousness of the message. I highly recommend Bob and his Comedy in Motion Show as a way of reaching out to young and old alike with the life-changing truth of Jesus Christ. Thanks again Bob! Can't wait till next time!
GLENWOOD CHAPEL MUSKOKA, Pastor Ian Curr
- Thank you Bob for coming to Glenwood Chapel this past January. Your performance was second to none. Both the Awana Spaghetti Dinner and the Sunday Morning Worship Service were enhanced by your exceptional talent and your clear and distinct presentation of the Gospel.
You have a wonderful natural ability to make people feel at ease and receptive to the Gospel. Your level of entertainment is both professional and your sense of humour is in good taste and makes people keen to participate in the presentation.
We would be happy to have you return to Glenwood again when it can be arranged. I am also pleased to inform you that we are aware of individuals in our community who have been positively affected by the Gospel message uniquely presented through
God bless you Bob in every setting that you find yourself. May your countenance always be bright for the Lord.
FAITH BAPTIST CHURCH HUNTSVILLE, Pastor Darrell Baker
- Recently we had the privilege of having Mr. Bob Cates perform his Comedy in Motion routine for our church. From earlier reports, as well as viewing part of his act via his internet site, I was expecting a professional performance and one that would appeal to all ages. During the performance itself he exceeded all my expectations by far. His ability to relate and keep the attention of the children as well as the adults is a rare gift. His talent as a juggler was extraordinary but in addition to this his humour was phenomenal.
During the act some of our equipment went on the glitch but Bob continued on without missing a beat. He was flexible and appeared unfazed by our inability to immediately fix the problem.
After the show he made himself available to everyone who wanted to meet him, get his autograph, and stayed until the last person had left.
1 hope that we will be able to maintain this relationship with Bob in the future and look forward to working with him again. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a professional act to entertain any age group.
EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH OF LETHBRIDGE, Pastor Jeremy Light
- We hired Bob Cates for three very different audiences: on December 12, 2007 he performed for about 100 middle school students, on December 13 for 275 young children and their parents and on December 15 for about 250 people of a variety of ages (children to seniors) from a local street mission
Bob was spectacular each night! Several times throughout his performance he had the middle school students on their feet cheering his amazing tricks. He was described as the “perfect” choice for the evening with children and parents, winning rave review from all who attended. The guests from the street mission are typically a more reserved audience but Bob‘s humour, energy and expertise drew them out until they were laughing, gasping and cheering.
As the organizer for these events, I found Bob very pleasant to work with. He was professional, understood the different goals of each evening and adapted his shows to appeal to the different audiences I think the words of one of the middle school students best summed up the experience: “Nobody’s going to believe us when we tell them what we saw tonight!”
EMMANUEL BAPTIST CHURCH, Chantel Whitelaw
- We recently had the privilege of having Bob as a guest at our annual conference. We begin each weekend with an entertainment portion geared for families. Bob’s performance was a perfect blend of comedy and entertainment. We were impressed with the way he captivated the audience by his humor, his skill and his interaction with them. Old and young, he had them laughing the whole way through. To this day, people are talking about that fantastic performance. Bob has even inspired some of our students to be juggling entertainers themselves. We love Bob’s show. and would most definitely have him again!
CROSSROADS COMMUNITY CHURCH, Pastor John Finochio
- I am writing this letter on behalf of Bob Cates of Entertainment in Motion. Bob was contracted to perform at our 3rd Annual Canada Day Celebration which is solely sponsored by our local church and held in Harriston, Ontario July 3/06. The event was a tremendous success and drew approximately 2000 people from our town and region. Bob’s performance was a salient point in our event and many people were amazed that we were able to have a performer of such professional caliber at a local event. We have invited Bob back for next year and would highly and unreservedly recommend him to any event as his humour, wit and interaction with his audience is as good or better as any performer I’ve seen and his juggling skills definitely off the charts! We also found Bob very easy to work with and flexible in terms of fitting his performance into the flavour of our event. Canada is fortunate to have this quality of performer!
BRADFORD BAPTIST CHURCH, Pastor Tim Walker
- On Sunday, we had the great pleasure having Bob Cates from Comedy in Motion at our Round—Up Sunday service. This is the service each year when we “Round Up” our church family for the beginning of a new season of ministry.
Bob was a wonderful addition to our celebration. His professionalism and humour, along with hit talent as a were received with great joy. We were very impressed with the unique way Bob presented the gospel message working it into his juggling act, while simply but effectively communicating the good news.
PARAMOUNT DRIVE ALLIANCE CHURCH, STONEY CREEK, Melanie Horning, Children’s Ministry
- My 2 year old still talks about the man who can “throw it up… and catch it down!!” Even the most mischievous children in our congregation sat spell bound for an hour! Wow!!
The most encouraging part was the two gentlemen who approached the staff about the message of faith you shared. They want to know more! Praise the Lord! What a unique tool for sharing the gospel. The children, teens, and adults could easily connect Faith with the various demonstrations you performed and juggled through. Way beyond expectations!
OXFORD BAPTIST CHURCH, Sharon Pharazyn
- Bob was sponsored by John Knox Christian School and 2 local Churches.
He presented a high-energy event that was enjoyed by children, youth and adults! It was amazing to see how comedy in motion inspired laughter from people of all ages! It was great to see the smiles at the end of the evening. This was truly about family enjoying time together!
It was wonderful to listen to the crowds’ response as Bob presented a variety of fun and entertaining skills! Bob has a personable and relaxed style. He is professional and tasteful. His character and values are well represented in his presentation!
Families are still speaking about the event! Children are practicing juggling!
We look forward to a return visit from Comedy in Motion!
TRINITY CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH, Andrea Kramer, Celebration Committee
- We recently had Comedy in Motion with Bob Cates perform at the grand opening for our new worship and ministry centre.
We are pleased to recommend Bob Cates to anyone who is looking for an amazingly funny and extremely entertaining show. His act has the audience laughing and enthralled from the first act until the last. Not only is Bob a wonderful entertainer, but he is very professional and accommodating to work with. His strong Christian faith is very apparent, and we really appreciated that he could incorporate the Gospel message in a comfortable way.
We highly recommend Bob Cates to anyone who is looking for a wholesome, witty and captivating show for the whole family! Thank you Bob!
RICE ROAD COMMUNITY CHURCH, Pastor Matthew Wiley
- I would like to take this opportunity to highly recommend Mr. Bob Cates. He is an outstanding performer and entertainer. He had a wide variety of options that he brought to the table and was extremely versatile. His on stage and off stage presence was very professional and yet comfortably relaxed. He was very good to work with before the event and set our minds at ease with how well he knew what had to be done and followed through with all that he said he would do.
The day of the event he was able to quickly assess his and his crew's needs and was set up in no time at all.
We found him to be flexible and fluid and able to adjust to any circumstances or challenges.
He met our needs far beyond our expectations and was able to foresee things that would enhance the event that we could not. We would definitely have Bob back again as he was a great person to work with and an amazingly talented individual.
VALPORAISO NAZARENE CHURCH, Pam Anderson
- “Comedy In Motion” was amazing. Bob Cates is so much more than a juggler. We invited him to entertain the families of our church for our first annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner. He held the undivided attention of everyone in the room from the youngest to the oldest for a 90 minutes. Bob is very versatile, plays to the audience extremely well, has perfect timing and adds appropriate humor throughout his program.
He was very professional during the planning process for our event, returned calls and emails promptly and worked well with our staff during the day of the event. The DVD’s and other products he brought to sell after the event sold very well.
The day the event my personal Facebook page was full of positive comments and “thank yous" for a totally enjoyable evening. My one problem is, what will I do next year to top “Comedy In Motion”?!