TESTIMONIALS FROM CAMPS
MUSKOKA BAPTIST CONFERENCE, Paul Whittingstall, General Director
- We have had the privilege of having Bob Cates here at M.B.C. twice this summer. Each time about 300 people were in attendance for his performance. His energy, variety, and incredible skill make him a hit here at Muskoka Baptist Conference. We look forward to having him back here in the future and would highly recommend him to you.
Bob brings and excellent spiritual component to his presentation which would make him an excellent addition to your Church or camp program. If you require further information, please do not hesitate to give us a call.
CAMP NORTHERN LIGHTS, Harry Kiers & G. Richard Broene
- Last August we hosted an International Camporee where 1200 boys from all over North America came for a week of wilderness camping. We needed to arrange for some entertainment for a couple of nights and for one of the nights we chose Bob’s “Comedy in Motion“ act. We have used Bob in the past for one of our conventions, and everyone loved his act and was impressed.
The boys loved Bob and they still talk about his act when l talk to them about it. It was more impressive on how he lifted their spirits after being rained on for two straight days. They went to bed that night with smiles on their faces
I would recommend Bob Cates without hesitation for any event that desires to provide an extra special piece of entertainment. I am certain after your event, you will agree with what I have expressed in this letter, and will likely be able to add to it in many ways
JACKSONS POINT, SALVATION ARMY MEN'S CAMP, Alf Richardson, Lieut. Colonel.
- Bob: Greatly appreciated your performance at our Men’s Camp.
Right from the outset, you captured the attention of the camp participants, and your continual interaction with the men; along with the speed and excellence of the performance kept their eyes glued to the stage in anticipation of what would come next. They were not disappointed.
Of particular interest was your Chinese yo-yo reaching to the very top of that high auditiorium to dislodge the attic cover and ensure that it landed in the closed position.
Also memorable for our campers, was the utilization of some of them as “volunteer helpers” which only aided the comeraderie as they cheered each other on!
Very high ratings were noted on our evaluation form.
I would certainly recommend you to others seeking a fun filled, fast moving program of clean family entertainment. Excellent for all audiences!
ROCKY RIDGE RANCH, Bruce Chapman
- Bob is more than a juggler; he's an incredible, multi-talented entertainer with a fabulously funny act. You will never be disappointed with his unique combination of humour, personal testimony, and athletic skills.
ONTARIO PIONEER CAMP, Paul Macleod, Camp Director
- It is with great pleasure that I write this letter of reference and recommendation for Bob Cates and Comedy in Motion.
I have served as the Director of Ontario Pioneer Camps Family Camp for the last 6 years. Pioneer Camp is a large recreational camp with about 2500 – 3000 campers attending each summer. We have been delighted to have Bob perform at Family Camp several times over the years. Over the last 15 years I have hired entertainers for various functions and I have never seen anyone with such a vast array of positive qualities and entertaining abilities as in Bob.
Bob is very professional in every way. He is polite, courteous, accommodating, promptly responds to emails in the booking process, and always arrives for performances on time.
Bob’s show has tremendous variety (juggling, unicycle, plate spinning, yo-yo tricks, and dance revolution to name a few). In the years we’ve had him he is continually adding new incredible acts to his show. His presentation is highly engaging. He skillfully and frequently involves participants from the audience, and he is a master at interspersing clean humour throughout the evening. Our Family Camp planning team has particularly appreciated that Bob’s presentation has a wide appeal to people of all ages. Not only does his comedy and humour leave people roaring with laughter but his physical dexterity, tricks, and talent leaves people astounded.
Bob, my highest recommendation goes to you. Keep on!
HORIZON ARTS CAMP, Lisa Phillips, Camp Director
- I just wanted to thank both you and Jane for participating in our show. The feedback that we got from the audience about your performance was wonderful. Everyone loved the uniqueness of what you do! They were quite blown away.
CALVINIST CADET CORPS, Richard Broene, Executive Director
- If anyone in Ontario should contact me looking for entertainment (and that does happen), I want you to know you're at the top of my list. I first saw you perform at our Cadet counselors’ convention in London in 2003. I was extremely impressed with your ability to do amazingly difficult physical acts and entertain us at the same time. You have a way of winning over an audience that is rare. You befriend people, and when your act is finished they’re sad to see you go.
Remembering that, I was absolutely delighted to hear that you had been contracted to perform at our international camporee in the Algonquin wilderness area last summer. You didn't disappoint. In fact, you raised performance to a whole new level. Our camporee was overcome with rain and mud, _and the boys were glad for a chance to come under the big tent to see you. But even there, it was wet, and your stage was a series of three wagons placed side-by-side and as level as possible. When I saw those, I assumed that you would be unable to do your act on the high unicycle. After all, we couldn’t have you falling into the cracks between the wagons.
It didn't seem to slow you down any, though. You still did the whole act, even riding the unicycle over the cracks. Those of us who were close enough to see were speechless. You, Bob, are a class act, and if I ever get the chance, I will definitely come see you again.
Less than two days after your performance, the rain and resulting mud forced us to evacuate everyone and close down camp. Thanks for bringing enjoyment and laughter to a very challenging camporee experience.